B2C is the process in which businesses sell their goods or services to individual consumers. B2C lead generation refers to finding new prospects, engaging them, and converting them into customers. However, the basis of an effective B2C lead generation strategy is building trust, bonding emotionally, and offering value. Here are tips to help you develop and establish a robust lead generation strategy that doesn’t merely drive actions but also generates results.
Tips on Lead Generation B2C
Make content marketing your topmost priority
Most marketers agree that content marketing is the most successful lead generation strategy. Your content can take different forms, such as blogs, articles, press releases, Facebook posts, e-books, how-to guides, etc. Write interesting content that provides solutions to people’s pain points in your business niche. Seamlessly incorporate links to your products and services to solve those pain points. Reveal your expertise in your area by discussing nuance through the content. This will help you stand out from the crowd. For, in today’s extensively digitalized world, customers are already saturated with enormous amounts of content daily.
Apart from offering value and standing out from the crowd, your content should also be concise enough. It should impart value in fewer words. For, no one has enough time to read a lot of information. So, provide short, crisp, and unique content that grabs the attention of the users. Other than written content, you can also have explanatory images, podcasts, explainer videos, and more. Usually, the audience finds visual content more attractive than the written and verbal ones. So, incorporate these relevantly in your written content.
Pay attention to your website
Today, every business has realized the importance of having a website and hence owns one. However, it is the work you do on it rather than its mere existence that brings you leads. The content you post on your site itself and elsewhere on the web should drive traffic to your site and turn those into leads there.
Here are certain things you need to do on your website to generate leads-
- Take efforts to rank well in the SERPs. This will drive people to your site, where you need to engage and convert them.
- Grab a visitor’s attention as soon as he/she enters your landing page. You have only 5 seconds to do this. The foremost thing to ensure is that your site loads fast. Other factors are a catchy headline, unique introduction, convincing copy, compelling CTA, attention-grabbing graphics, and unbeatable value. And don’t forget the white space- incorporate plenty of it!
- Incorporate keywords in an optimized and strategic manner. For instance, if your site deals with baby products, terms such as “best baby products”, “baby items”,, etc. would suit your product pages. Use these keywords in your content wherever applicable without overdoing it; at least you render it a spammy look.
- Use data markups to help search engines recognize your content. The popular data markups for pages include recipes, products, how-to guides, lists, and news articles.
- Make sure that your site is easily navigable. This will make the visitor stay on for a while more.
- At the proximity of each interesting and valuable piece of content, have an easily fillable form in exchange to extract personal details about your visitors, which you can use for lead nurturing. You should ask for this info in return for an offer as a free ebook, checklist, etc.
- Have clear, attractive, and engaging Call-to-action (CTA) buttons. Rather than putting ineffective words like “submit”, “click here”,, etc. use convincing ones such as “Signup”, “Give a try”, “Let’s start”, “Find out more”, etc.
- Have a list of related readings (related blog suggestions) at the end of each blog. This way, you can prolong your visitors’ time spent on your site while offering value to them.
Personalize your email marketing
When you send an irrelevant email to a user, you may end up annoying him/her. Studies say that you can stimulate the user’s interest and increase the open rates and click rates by personalizing your emails for each user.
Here is what you need to personalize your email communications to your users.
- Automate email responses to be sent when someone subscribes to you.
- Even during the signup process, segment leads based on their interests.
- When you send emails, personalize the subject line. This will prompt the user to open your email.
- In the body of the email, include the user’s name, organization, or other personal details at least once.
- Sending emails daily will make them less interested in your brand/services/products.
- Send emails at the most suitable time of the day. Your marketing automation software can help you analyze this with the help of various metrics such as location, time, open rates, click-through rates, bounce rates, and more. The time with the most email open rates is the best time that works for you.
- While sending emails, ensure that they are optimized for mobile devices too. For, today, a majority of users read emails on these devices rather than PCs.
- Instead of redirecting your leads to your home page each time, link back to specific product pages. This will save their time and increase your conversion rates.
Listen to what people talk about your brand over social media
Social listening involves the monitoring of social media channels for mentions of your brand, its products, and services, your competitors, etc. It gives you an idea of what people think about your brand and helps you respond to those.
It is a two-step process where the first step involves monitoring your brand mentions in social media, and step two involves analyzing the info to find ways to put your learning into action.
Social listening can benefit you in several ways. Here is a list of those
- You get to know people’s perception of your brand: Social listening gives you an idea of whether people have a positive or negative association with your brand. On this basis, you can respond to them. For instance, you can respond with a simple “Thank you!” message to a happy customer.
If there are rumors that lead to negative brand perception, you can fix the damage caused in a relevant manner. Or, if there are genuine negative comments, you can take measures to enhance your products/services accordingly and address their pain points. Thus, social listening helps you keep your marketing or product development efforts on track.
- You get to identify trends: Another benefit of social listening is that it helps identify trends. For instance, you may get to know that a particular product of yours is becoming popular among young moms. You can use this info to strategically align your marketing to the likings of this particular customer section.
- You get insights into your competitors: Yet another way in which social listening helps is by giving you valuable insights into where you fit in the marketplace. For, it helps you know what people say and feel about your competitors. It also lets you know what your competitors are doing- like developing new marketing campaigns, launching new products, and more. Getting to know these new threats and opportunities in real-time lets you plan and respond accordingly.
- You get to build your brand: Social listening also helps you engage with customers and prospects on social media, listen to their voices, answer their questions, and build their trust for your brand.
Deploy social media marketing
Social media is a great channel for generating leads and developing and nurturing relationships. Businesses all over the world have been tapping into its immense potential in recent years. Brands that find success in social media marketing are those that foster trust and relationships rather than those that strive to promote their products and services.
Here is how you should deploy your social media marketing.
- Select the right platforms: There are a variety of platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Research to find the platform(s) where your potential customers are on social media.
- Create shareable content: Your social media posts must be something that your audience wants to read and share. These can be inspirational, humorous, or informative. Nevertheless, these should provide a value of some sort. Only then people would want to share it.
- Post at the right times: Studies say that the best day of the week and time of the day to post on different social media channels vary. Find these from the net and make use of the info.
- Track the performance of your posts: By using Google Analytics, you can track the performance of each of your social media posts. This will give you an idea of what kind of posts are the most liked by your audience. You can create posts of that sort in the future to increase their engagement and conversion rates.
Invest in analytics
Another B2C lead generation strategy you should not miss out on is analytics. Sometimes you may observe that your website receives a lot of visitors, yet you have low conversions. This would leave you wondering what is wrong. There could be several reasons behind this. These may be
- Poor navigation
- Irrelevant content
- Unclear product descriptions
- Boring CTAs
- Requirement of complicated actions
Analytics using CRM software can help you know the exact cause. Further, it saves a lot of time and effort that would be otherwise spent on going through and filtering down through thousands of rows of Excel sheets to gain useful insights. By analyzing metrics such as the sources that are generating leads and the factors that affect lead generation, you can work on ways to increase lead volumes from those sources. This way, you can make better decisions, market more effectively, improvise your services, and operate more efficiently.
There are many CRM software available over the net. Do spend enough time to find the right CRM tool for your business. Consider factors like your business goals, budget, process layout, implementation ease, compatibility with your current tools, and reporting capabilities before using the software.
AI-powered conversational chatbots are virtual agents that use NLP (Natural Language Processing), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Natural Language Generation (NLG), and Machine Learning (ML) to provide a more human-like conversational experience. You can employ a chatbot at your site to generate a lead to contact later. This will free your marketing and sales teams to concentrate on more complex tasks and core activities of your business. Studies show that visitors to your site may hesitate to provide their details via a submission form on your site. But they find it comfortable to converse with a chatbot. For, conversational chatbots can understand their queries and instantly respond to those.
They are also equipped to identify, understand, and manage pauses, twists and turns, reversals, and repetitive dialogs to ensure a seamless conversation flow. This can alleviate their frustration and enhance their experience with your brand.
The basis of an effective B2C lead generation strategy is building trust, bonding emotionally, and offering value. To develop and establish a strong lead generation strategy, you need to make content marketing your topmost priority, pay attention to your website, personalize your email marketing, listen to what people talk about your brand over social media, deploy social media marketing, invest in analytics, and employ chatbots.
You may already be using many or a few of these strategies. However, you would have learned some new information that you can use to enhance what you already do. So, do implement these and follow a well-planned strategy for improved lead generation.